J.A.M.E.S.,INC. provides financial assistance to pregnant and parenting teen mothers who enter institutions of higher learning. We seek to make a positive impact on our recipients by enhancing their ability to imagine and achieve a vision of self-sufficiency for themselves and their children through positive educational achievements.
Scholarship applications become available in early November of each year, with a due date in May. Applications can be obtained through high school counselors or by written request to J.A.M.E.S., INC., P.O. Box 194, Owasso OK 74055.
Students’ applications are screened by the organizations Selection Committee. Semifinalists are then asked to meet with the Directors of the Foundation and awards are made. There are no limitations regarding course of study. Scholars may attend any accredited university of her choice.
The organization maintains close contact with each Scholar to ensure acceptable academic performance and to develop a unique partnership aimed at success.
- Documented financial need (a copy of parent's current tax return or proof of emancipation is required)
- 2.5 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- A well-defined motivation to pursue a higher education
- Maturity essential to a demanding educational experience
- A personal sense of values
- Scholarship is limited to current high school seniors and parenting college students whose children were born during their early teen and/or high school years.
- Maintain a 3.0 grade point average each semester and maintain full-time enrollment status (12 credit hours)
- Maintain high moral standards
- Submit an official transcript of their grades each semester
- Maintain regular contact with the organization
- Submit a written request for continued scholarship funding each year
Please Contact Alisa Bell at 918-402-3547 if you have any questions.